Meet Sweet Sally. Sally’s mom happened to be in town helping out as only grandmothers can. We’re pretty sure she wins the award for “Longest Plane Ride” for an Operation Shower attendee! Read on to find out more…
1. Tell us a little bit about your self. Is this your first pregnancy? Where do you live, what do you do?
Hi, my name is Sally. I was born and raised in Australia and moved to the Sates when I married my Navy man. We have been married 7 years this October, and had our first baby this April. We currently live in Atlantic Beach, Florida. Before having my son, and becoming a stay at home Mom, I was working for University of Florida and Shands Hospital as an appointment scheduler.
2. How did you hear about Operation Shower?
My Ombudsman, Donna, advised me of Operation Shower, in which we are eternally grateful. We received many amazing gifts and felt so special on that very important day.
3. How has being a part of Operation Shower impacted your pregnancy?
Operation Shower really boosted my morale, picked up my spirits as I have never been a part of such an amazing organization before. Especially on the receiving end. The gifts were amazing and were things I really needed. I was especially happy as I won an extra gift by winning a raffle draw.
4. What are your words of wisdom or advice for other military moms-to-be?
Communicate with your husbands, especially while they are on deployment. Send emails, gift packages, I’m sure they love the hand made gifts the best.
5. What are some of the most impactful ways that others can give back to the nations’ service families?
A simple thank you is always appreciated.
6. Anything else you want to share with us about your experience being a military spouse or with Operation Shower.
The move from Australia to the States was a big event for me, to leave all my family, friends and job. But following your heart is very important. I appreciate all the military has done for us.
Thank you, Sally. We’re so glad you are in the States supporting your military man! “Men” if you count the new little one!